Last night I was invited by Dan Petrovic from Dejan SEO to participate in a WordPress Google Hangout. If you missed it then I’ve embedded the video below and I’ve also included some links to some of the hosts and plugins I mentioned during the course of the show.
Show notes and links
- Use nginx not Apache.
- Caching options: WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, Batcache and APC.
- Load testing https://www.blitz.io/
Profiling plugins and improving performance
- P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
- Debug Bar – Number of queries, query time, the actual queries that were run, memory usage and more!
- Debug Bar Slow Actions
- Consider ditching MAMP, WAMP stacks for Vagrant
- Grunt task runner – CSS preprocessing, minification, image optimisation, project scaffolding, concatenation and more!